Fettucine with creamy avocado, pesto and salmon. Image – Lise Adams.
2 skinless Atlantic salmon fillets
12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
10 walnut halves
1 clove of crushed garlic
2 cups loosely packed fresh basil
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the walnuts for 7 minutes.
- In a food processer or with a stick mixer, place the basil, garlic, walnuts, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, half the avocado and salt and pepper.
- Blitz until it becomes a smooth and creamy pesto.
- Cook the fettuccine as directed.
- Pan fry the salmon fillets in a little olive oil, roughly 3 minutess each side, slightly longer if you prefer it cooked through.
- Add a splash of the pasta water to the pesto. Drain the pasta and place in a large bowl. Give the pesto one last whiz, add to the pasta and stir through. Toss the tomatoes and rocket in the bowl and combine.
- To serve, place the pasta mixture on a plate, flake over the cooked salmon and top with the remaining avocado sliced.